Rolling through my mind wishing I could call and say was sup
Remembering how we used to talk about the same ol stuff
Layin on the bed while you combed my hair watching Fresh Prince
I’ll never forget with every stroke you gave me so much bliss.
Taking in the days you slaved over the stove for the family
You set the perfect example now I can plainly see
You did to do, not for you, but for me
Every time you did you wore a smile filled with glee
Ma, I’m sayin you just don’t know the half
You tore my heart down on that October 23rd when you passed
What I would give to take a ride to nowhere with you
The things I would do just to hear one word from you
The depths I would go to have one more sight of you
Its been for years I’ve been broken living without you
You just don’t know how much I long to have one more touch from you
I can’t believe you’re gone
A reality I find it difficult to take
Only for years but it feels like a lifetime
Since I woke up and found you by my side
You woke me up for work and school
Made me a hot breakfast everyday which was cool
Even had something for lunch for me to make
I turned around and you had dinner already made
You stayed up for me late at night
Making sure your baby made it in alright
You did your best to take care of me
Now I have try to be the man you taught me to be
I gotta do it alone because you left me
Just like R Kelly sang in his song,:
“I wish that I could hold you now
I wish that I could touch you now
I wish that I could talk to you, be with you somehow
I know you’re in a better place
Even though I can’t see your face
I know your smiling down on me saying everything’s okay”
Its so hard to move on, but step after step I move
I move knowing that I’ll see you again someday
Momma I miss you…
Just Keep Wondering...
Pictorial Editorial Wednesday- The Prince Fielder Edition
-
Now I haven't wrote a Pictorial Editorial in a minute...hell I haven't
wrote a real post in a while. I always have plans for another post, but I
never fi...
12 years ago
1 thoughts:
fuzzy, i've been following your blog for some time now. this is my first comment. let me just say this post really touched me. i felt your pain through your words.
Post a Comment