How do you trust someone you just met? How can you not trust someone you just met? Should you even trust anyone?
I wanted to do a lil discussion and didn't know what to talk about. Someone suggested, after I asked BGC users to give me a topic, that I should speak on trust.
Me personally I am guarded. I have always been guarded when it comes to my emotions and now I might even go as far and say that I am being a lil more physically guarded. My crazy kook of an aunt used to say, "baby, if you give up ya stuff, one of two things will happen. They'll want you tha more or they not gonna want you at all!" I thought on that a lil late, but what she said holds so much truth. Wait, did I stray off topic? lmao I can't trust people enough to predict what they will do. People are shifty and unpredictable creatures. We change our minds so often, we prove this to ourselves everyday!
I never posted my status online because I was afraid of what people might say to me. I have friends on here that don't know and I have family on here that doesn't know as well! There comes a time where trust shouldn't matter anyway. I feel that the only two beings that should own your trust is God and your life partner! People will fail you, time and time again, God doesn't fail! That's why God is in there. Your life partner is there because they are there through the thick and the thin, or at least that is what they are supposed to do! *shrug*! lmao
Let me put on my neutrality here. Assuming I was going to trust someone, personally you would have my trust from the door. You're not gonna have me doing dumb and idiotic things, because I have common sense! You do have my trust that will build into a deeper trust. You get that access to my phone, email etc... you know all that contact info. you get to know personal details of my life from least sever to most severe, depending on importance. Most of my friends, all 5 of them know that I got their backs in whatever issue they have and they know they have confidentiality with me. I don't spread info and I'm not a gossip! You gotta know when to shut ya trap! There are some guys that are worse gossipers than girls are. I'm not being sexist, but the girls know they can tell some good drama! My Lawd! Sometimes, just shut up and stop taking glory in other people's misfortunes and maybe someone might decide to trust you!
If trust is broken, it's not the end of the world, because guess what? We're not perfect! We all make mistakes and we all grow from them. I can speak on me because that's all who I can speak on! Let he without sin cast the first stone right? lol anyway, I lost one of my closest friends in high school. One that I grew up with, went to church with and played with as a child. We even shared classes in High School. I let some things fall out of my mouth, not productive things. It was just my opinion, that I should of kept to myself. The gossipers got wind of what I said and it came back to my my friend and he stopped talking to me. Cold turkey, and abruptly stopped speaking to me an every social setting and environment. I found out why from a message in a note basically severing our friendship. I was hurt. I vowed from then on, I'd watch my lip the best I could. Life is about bettering yourself. If someone messes up, yea go cry your river, or whatever you're gonna do, and then offer a solution to rectify the situation! Don't be bitter, it's not healthy! Forgive and forget!
Well I think I've typed enough, I wonder what people gotta say about this! lol
I wanted to do a lil discussion and didn't know what to talk about. Someone suggested, after I asked BGC users to give me a topic, that I should speak on trust.
Me personally I am guarded. I have always been guarded when it comes to my emotions and now I might even go as far and say that I am being a lil more physically guarded. My crazy kook of an aunt used to say, "baby, if you give up ya stuff, one of two things will happen. They'll want you tha more or they not gonna want you at all!" I thought on that a lil late, but what she said holds so much truth. Wait, did I stray off topic? lmao I can't trust people enough to predict what they will do. People are shifty and unpredictable creatures. We change our minds so often, we prove this to ourselves everyday!
I never posted my status online because I was afraid of what people might say to me. I have friends on here that don't know and I have family on here that doesn't know as well! There comes a time where trust shouldn't matter anyway. I feel that the only two beings that should own your trust is God and your life partner! People will fail you, time and time again, God doesn't fail! That's why God is in there. Your life partner is there because they are there through the thick and the thin, or at least that is what they are supposed to do! *shrug*! lmao
Let me put on my neutrality here. Assuming I was going to trust someone, personally you would have my trust from the door. You're not gonna have me doing dumb and idiotic things, because I have common sense! You do have my trust that will build into a deeper trust. You get that access to my phone, email etc... you know all that contact info. you get to know personal details of my life from least sever to most severe, depending on importance. Most of my friends, all 5 of them know that I got their backs in whatever issue they have and they know they have confidentiality with me. I don't spread info and I'm not a gossip! You gotta know when to shut ya trap! There are some guys that are worse gossipers than girls are. I'm not being sexist, but the girls know they can tell some good drama! My Lawd! Sometimes, just shut up and stop taking glory in other people's misfortunes and maybe someone might decide to trust you!
If trust is broken, it's not the end of the world, because guess what? We're not perfect! We all make mistakes and we all grow from them. I can speak on me because that's all who I can speak on! Let he without sin cast the first stone right? lol anyway, I lost one of my closest friends in high school. One that I grew up with, went to church with and played with as a child. We even shared classes in High School. I let some things fall out of my mouth, not productive things. It was just my opinion, that I should of kept to myself. The gossipers got wind of what I said and it came back to my my friend and he stopped talking to me. Cold turkey, and abruptly stopped speaking to me an every social setting and environment. I found out why from a message in a note basically severing our friendship. I was hurt. I vowed from then on, I'd watch my lip the best I could. Life is about bettering yourself. If someone messes up, yea go cry your river, or whatever you're gonna do, and then offer a solution to rectify the situation! Don't be bitter, it's not healthy! Forgive and forget!
Well I think I've typed enough, I wonder what people gotta say about this! lol
8 thoughts:
ON TRUST: Simply put.... I enter every relationship (friendly or romatic) with a certain level of trust that only builds as they prove sincerity and dependability. That person can lose OR gain ground with me. That, then, determines how much or how little I trust them ultimately.
In reading this post, I feel you took a leap and trusted yourself (which is huge). There were two messages in this entry and if you read it too quickly, you might miss it. It takes a lot to trust (for some people) while others trust until they have a reason not too - It's all about taking that leap of faith.
Trust is such a strange thing. It is funny to me how we trust companies and other establishments with things like our credit card numbers, SSN, and other pertinent information but yet we are afraid to disclose or open up with to people that we have a personal relationship with. I understand that there is a difference in the information that is shared in the two scenarios, one can affect you financially and the other is more personal but in the end it is all trust.
I REMEMBER WHAT MY PROFESSORS ALWAYS TELL US @ THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMEMSTER...YOU ALL START THIS COURSE WITH A's NOW WHAT YOU WILL END UP WITH IS UP TO YOU...SO I SEE TRUST IN THAT SAME VAIN, THEY HAVE IT FROM THE START & IT CAN GROW OR NOT...IT ALL DEPENDS WHO, WHAT, WHERE N' WHEN...KNOW WHAT I MEAN?
TRUST....Man i dont even know where yo start. That is my biggest problem i have. I tend to trust people easly and most of the time i end up getting hurt by those same people i put my trust in. I'm working on it but i dont think i'll ever get rid of it as I dont think i can change that part of me......................Great Post...Thanks for brining up this Topic as it helps to get different opininon on trust...
I completely understand where you coming from Fuzzy. It's very hard depending on your life experiences to have trust in someone else.
Although my life experiences have given me the right to not trust anyone it has also taught me that I can't deny myself joy because of what someone else has put me through. So when it comes to meeting someone I give them all the trust I have until they give me a reason to think otherwise, regardless of what experience other people have with them
Good Luck finding your method of trust bro
For my own part I trust that no one is ever out to get me, but I also trust that everyone is out to make themselves better than they are now. The trick is to figure out if and when those 2 aspects conflict with each other and how I can avoid being hurt by that collision.
I admit trust is something that comes hard for me; I have put my trust in friends, family, men& women who have ultimately let me down. Everyone I encounter or seek towards becoming acquainted with does start out with a certain degree of trust given, although it’s difficult. I have slowly been progressing towards trusting people more, but right now God has my vote! Peace Bro.
Post a Comment